So you think you know baking? I picked the ten easiest questions from a bakeshop final exam. Give 'em a whirl. The answers can be found on our website.
True or False:
- Sugar is a dry ingredient.
- Water always boils at 212 degrees.
- Frangipane is made from hazelnuts.
- In bakers percentages, flour is always 100%.
- A high-ratio cake refers to the high percentage of flour compared to the percentage of shortening.
- Buttercream is used to coat classic French Petit Fours.
- All flours produce gluten.
- Genuine couverture chocolate contains cocoa butter and no other fat.
- Sugar stabilizes meringues.
- The biscuit method uses liquid fat.
If you answer these ten questions correctly, we'll have ten more next week.