Well we didn't win but we had a good time. And we learned a few things about what can be done with Girl Scout Cookies, besides making our Sinful Mint Gelato at this year's Celebrity Chef Cookie Challenge:
- Tiramisu. That creamy Italian dessert which is usually made with ladyfingers soaked in Marsala wine can also be made from Trefoils soaked in liqueur. I am not sure if that's really why they won but I would have voted for it too if I wasn't competing...
- Lemon Lavender Cheesecake. Lemon and lavender scented cheesecake sitting in a crust made from Lemon Chalet Cremes.
- Truffles. Like our gelato, these were made from Thin Mints.
- Praline Cheesecake. A caramel cheesecake in a crust made from Dulce De Leches.
Then, on the savory side....
- Crabcakes. Fried crab cakes breaded with crushed Lemonades.
- Coconut Shrimp. Fried shrimp "breaded" with crumbled Samoas.
- Thai Pizza. Served on mini pitas, the pizzas featured beef marinated in a peanut sauce made from Do-Si-Dos.
- Oriental Pork. This recipe won in the savory cateogry. It was a pork loin baked with a stuffing made from Lemon Chalet Cremes and other spices, served with a crunchy cabbage and carrot salad, garnished with Lemonades (and peanuts and crispy noodles). Under the notion that you eat first with your eyes, this "station" was decorated to the nines with bamboo, paper fans and lanterns.
Maybe next year...