It was still dark when I heard the coffee pot go on at its appointed and predetermined hour (6:15 a.m.) and my body has apparently not got the news that it is daylight savings time.
My dogs didn't get the news either and I think they would have rather stayed in bed. It's payback time and I was tempted to lick their noses until they got out of bed, but a simple tug on the blanket did the trick.
So I pulled myself out of bed and took my coffee out to the porch. It was 62o F outside and hard to imagine that it was snowing here just a week ago. And while it is too early in the year to plant anything in the garden (it could still frost), I did manage to find a couple of stray weeds to pull. Did some laundry and ran some errands and went to the bakery.
My official reason was to get some paperwork done, but I also ...
- Helped six customers who just happened to come by and see the lights on
- Took four cake orders for this weekend
- Made brownies
- Calculated the payroll for Wednesday and sent it to the accountant's office
- Fielded a phone call from the State of Alabama who wants to do a sales tax audit going back to 2006
- Ran duplicate credit card receipts for a customer for sales in January
- Updated the blog and the website.
Except for the sales tax audit bit, it was a good day. On the way home I'm going to Sam's Club. See you tomorrow!